Thursday, March 24, 2011

Fill/Balance

I thought this was a fun assignment to do and felt it was slightly easier to execute then some of the others we've done...or maybe I'm just getting more used to using my flash, not really sure which. I did have a hard time figuring out where the best place to aim the flash was to get the right amount of fill and I changed the flash compensation a lot to see how it affected the photo.
I went to shoot one of the people who passes out the add sheet every Wednesday and here's my select from that:
I feel like the scene might be a little overexposed but this was the one I liked best in terms of how his face was lit.

Here's my lighting diagram for it: 


I also liked my balancing light photos for this assignment, but I really struggled with keeping the flash out of the window, because there was no surface I could bounce the flash off.

No comments:

Post a Comment