Sunday, March 18, 2012

Portraits

I did a favor for my friend and took some portraits of him at KOMU for his resume. Portraits can be tough, I think the key is getting the person to act like him/herself and not focus so much on the camera. The issue is how to do this, sometimes I feel it's easier than others. It's not only about making your subject comfortable, but also feeling comfortable and confident in your own abilities. This was a good experience for me, because even though I'm friends with him, it was still an environment that I wasn't necessarily comfortable in and I still had to make him feel comfortable with the camera in order to get the pictures. I found it best when I had him doing things in his environment instead of just posing for me. Technically, the light was annoying, and I wish I had brought my flash to play around with.
So here is James Jobes 

No comments:

Post a Comment