Sunday, February 12, 2012

Photos from Staff

So I haven't had a lot of time to go out with my camera to take photos, unfortunately but I thought I'd finally put some of my favorite photos from staff up.

This first one is from an event at the Humane Society. It was a great, funny moment and I was glad I was able to capture it.
Rachel Squires tries to keep her dog Miley under control outside the BBQ stand at the Hound Dog Homecoming at the Central Missouri Humane Society on Saturday afternoon, Oct. 1, 2011. The event celebrates adopted pets and the funds raised goes to pets who are still without a home in Mid-Missouri.



This one was taken as part of the 48 hours in football weekend in Columbia. It was at a youth football game. It was a lot of fun to shoot youth football, I focused less on the action and more on the feature side of it.

Taylor Belt waits on the sidelines before a Columbia Youth Football League game at Cosmo Park on Sunday, Oct. 23, 2011. The Columbia Youth Football League allows young girls to also play in the league.


I just like this next one because of the light and the colors and felt it was nicely composed. Simple feature cruising photo.

Derek Long rakes leaves at a house on Rollins Rd. on Wednesday afternoon, Nov. 9, 2011. Long helps the woman who lives at the house with her yard work and said he usually rakes enough leaves to fill 350 bags each fall. Long rakes leaves here once a week.

This is a basketball shot that I really like. I love shooting basketball, its probably my favorite thing to shoot. Pretty typical shot but I still like it.

MU guard Marcus Denmon goes for a layup during the first half of the MU vs. Binghamton game at Mizzou Arena on Sunday, Nov. 27, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment